Friday, September 29, 2006

Chateau of the Week

Our good friend Rita (of "Rita and Raph" fame) has a favorite pasttime on Friday mornings: castle shopping. Already real estate magnates with apartments in Paris and London, not to mention the family estate outside of Lyon, Rita and Raph are always on the lookout for a ten bedroom fixer-upper outside of Bordeaux or a 600-square meter hideaway near Champagne. Knowing Rita's potent penchant for purchasing properties, I've decided to give her yet another reason to read this blog (but really, who needs another reason?) by putting up our own choice for chateau of the week.
This week's selection is a lovely little "cottage" about 30 minutes outside of Paris. It's only a paltry 1000 square meters (just over 10,000 square feet), but you'll have plenty of space to stretch out in the 24,000 square meter private park. Two kitchens (one of which is "semi-professional"), five bedrooms and ten servant chambers complement the living quarters. Some restoration work will, I'm afraid, be necessary. Care to guess the asking price? That's Rita's favorite part of the whole game, so I won't give it away. Add a comment with your guess before you look; the entry closest to the actual price wins a prize.

Click here to get the full listing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I'm in the lead with the most wins (1/1), i'll go first. 2.3 million euros.

Anonymous said...

10 mil euro

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say 5 million euros. And by the way, I love Lee's alliteration - how literary!