
Pigeon Lady has been suspiciously quiet for the last few days. We're not lucky enough for her to have suffered a massive heart attack, so we must assume that (a) she is attending some sort of pigeon-related conference or (b) the orderlies from the loony bin finally tracked her down and took her back in the middle of the night. It's happened before that she goes away for a week or so, which brings some welcome relief from the hordes of pigeons constantly roosting over our balcony, but it's kind of a tease, since the first thing she does when she gets back is to throw so much food that there are more pigeons than ever. Still, I'll take a few hundred more pigeons if it means that I don't have to listen to Wagner this weekend and can sleep past 6:00 a.m. without hearing her size 12 orthopedic shoes stomping across the ceiling. In the meantime, we're keeping our fingers crossed that a strong scent of decay starts to emanate from her apartment in the next couple of days....
1 comment:
I killed her.
Post a Comment