Trainee Horror Stories
Rita the many-homed was kind enough to forward me the link below, which is a revealing collection of legal trainee horror stories. I can testify that I have personally been witness to (or, sniff, subject to) a couple of these experiences myself, and the rest are unfortunately not so far-fetched that they aren't believable. This obviously begs the question as to what it is about the practice of law that seems to breed (or at least condone) so many sociopaths. I mean, I'm not saying that the practice of law is necessarily going to turn you into some sort of monster, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't have the urge to club people to death with my latest deal toy before I went to law school.
Trainee Experiences
Trainee Experiences

3 comments:
I never thought I would see traders, my bosses for people who don't know me, as such calm rational people. I am thinking out three of four muffin baskets. Maybe not to the guy who was on the front page of the WSJ for stalking people, and most certainly, all will be sent out without return addresses.
Your boss was stalking someone? Nice.
OK, the lesson here is never trade drunk. No, that is wrong. Never drink while blogging. No, that is wrong. Never blog while trading. Yeah, that is it. OK, so one of those sentences should have read "I am thinking of sending out three or four muffin baskets."
And on Pegsy's comment, you guys can actually help. The only reference to my boss, and second cousin John, that I can find on the web is http://www.unine.ch/gpa/teaching/cours0304/semin_dysfonction_docs/r%C3%A9sum%C3%A9s%20%C3%A9tudiants/Kinney%201996%20Dynamics%20of%20Threat%20Management%20corrig%C3%A92.pdf#search=%22kliebert%20kidder%20peabody%22
Maybe you can tell me what it says. Don't waste too much time figuring this out, I still have the original article from the WSJ. I also have the article about my last hedge fund blowing up two months ago, but that is another story.
Post a Comment