Thursday, November 16, 2006

Don't hate us because we're beautiful

Last night Lee and I went out to dinner with the lovely Mrs. Kathryn "I used to know someone in HR named Kathryn Kallison" Schwesinger. We had a very nice evening and amazingly Lee was bright and perky for most of it, even though he had been awake for almost 3 entire days. The food was good, the wine was really good and the conversation was excellent and informative (hi Eric).

Kathryn is in town for the week attending meetings related to her wonderful PROMOTION. Yea Kathryn! And fortunately for us, this is just the first of many trips to come, some of which we are told will include Eric. Double Yea!!

After dinner, Lee and I tried to get a taxi home but couldn't find one, so we ended up walking. Lee's feet were killing him from running around for the last 3 days and the closer we got to home the worse it got. You know when you have to go to the bathroom and the closer you get to home, the more you have to go and the harder it is to hold it in? It was like that, except with feet. I had a migraine that was getting more intense so I was starting to complain about it. Did you know that no sleep and working absurd hours trumps migraine? I didn't either, but I found out last night.

When we got home, Lee went straight to bed. He fell asleep as I was giving him (Vanessa, look away) a foot massage. Have you ever seen a little kid fall asleep and be so completely out of it that you can move him/her around, change their clothes, etc. and they don't feel a thing? Lee was like that, but worse. I kept checking to make sure he was breathing, until he started snoring. Loudly. All night. I finally put some ear plugs in, and I could hear him through the ear plugs. I pushed him, punched him, pinched him, tried to roll him over, turned his head, but nothing worked. I finally fell asleep sometime in the middle of the night, but woke up this morning with my head still pounding. Lee woke up around 12:30, walked around a little, and then said that he wanted to lie down again "just for a few minutes" and promptly fell back asleep. He's still sleeping, but I'll wake him up soon because he needs to go in to work for a few hours to wrap something up related to his closing yesterday. I'll spend the rest of the day cleaning the apartment and packing for our trip.

Don't be jealous. With a little bit of effort, you too can lead as exciting a life as we do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you all feel better! I wish I was there. At least I have a nice picture on my desktop now.

-EHS