Shut Your Porthole
Last night Pegs and I were reading in bed, and I started rubbing her head in that special way she likes. It's sort of like a massage for her scalp, but to the uninformed observer it would probably look eerily similar to one chimpanzee picking fleas off of another. Anyway, I was rubbing her scalp while she was reading The Elegant Universe, and I came across a little bump. I inexplicably started to pick at it (again, think chimps, but with slightly less poo flinging and way more back hair), but she immediately knocked my hand away.
Pegs: "Ow! Don't do that. That's my porthole."
Me: "Your what?"
Pegs: "My porthole."
Me: "...."
Pegs: "You know, like in that movie with the guy and the filing cabinets."
Me: "...."
Pegs (slightly exasperated): "And they can go into his brain...."
Me: "Being John Malkovich?"
Pegs: "Yeah, that's the one. They found a porthole into his brain."
Me: "You mean a portal?"
Pegs: "Oh.... Yeah."
I don't know what's scarier: the fact that Pegs couldn't remember the difference between portal and porthole, or that I immediately knew what movie she was talking about when she said that it was about a guy and some filing cabinets.

2 comments:
You're not the only one who made the connection with the movie, Lee. Right when she said "the guy and the filing cabinets" I, too, was like "Being John Malkovich"? What do you think this means? Too much tv, a high intelligence, or simply understanding how pegs describes things?
Is this massage thing that you're talking about the same thing you're doing to Octavie in the Christmas photos? Or are you actually playing chimpanzee in that one?
Post a Comment