Monday, February 26, 2007

Dumbbell

I've been working out regularly since I signed up for the gym a couple of weeks ago. Every morning I get up early, speed-walk to the office and immediately hit the exercise room for a thirty-minute run or spin on the stationary bike. The other day, though, I was feeling like I might be getting too much in a lower-body rut and decided to mix it up a little with some free weights. Many of you assume that my herculean physique is all natural, but believe me, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to make your pectorals this triangular. Anyway, it had been a while since I had done any serious lifting (I think that the last time was when I helped Pegs carry her mom's suitcases upstairs in New Jersey), so I wasn't too surprised that I was really feeling the burn as I got into my workout. I figured I would probably be a little too ambitious at first and have to reduce the weight as I went, but I was getting really frustrated as I had to repeatedly lower the size of the weights I was using. I was berating myself for being such a pansy until I suddenly remembered (about three-quarters of the way through my workout) that all of the weights I was using are denominated in kilos rather than pounds, so I needed to multiply everything that I was lifting by 2.2. Then I felt better. Ridiculously stupid and sore, but better. It's several days later, and I'm almost to the point where I can bend my arms enough to wipe myself. Man, I love exercising.

3 comments:

Panagiota said...

Thank God because I'm getting really tired of wiping your ass. Although...it is a nice ass. J.Lo-esque.

Panagiota said...

You put the B in Badunkadunk.

Panagiota said...

...and the unk.