Tuesday, February 13, 2007

More time-wasting today

I'm just spoiling you today. But I couldn't resist. You look so cute in that shirt. It matches your eyes.

I think this is pretty cool. Don't know how accurate it is though. For some of the questions, my answer wasn't even an option.

I'm:
60% General American English
20% Yankee
15% Dixie
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern

16 comments:

Lee said...

Considering that I got the exact same score as you, I would say that it's pretty inaccurate. I mean, you DID grow up in Canada, eh.

Also, they should have a separate category for people who speak Southern.

Anonymous said...

40% General American English
40% Yankee
10% Dixie
5% Upper Midwestern
0% Midwestern

now I am angry, where the hell did the Upper Midwestern crap come in?!?

Panagiota said...

Dude, that's embarrassing. I would keep that to yourself.

Michael said...

How come we all only add up to 95%? Are we all 5% Canadian? That would suck.

50% General American English
25% Yankee
15% Upper Midwestern
5% Dixie
0% Midwestern

Lee said...

Interesting observation, Mr. Harris. Perhaps that's the margin of error?

Panagiota said...

You all should be so lucky!

Anonymous said...

60% General American English
25% Dixie
5% Upper Midwestern
5% Yankee
0% Midwestern

I have no idea where the Upper Midwestern came from, either - or the Yankee, for that matter.

Anonymous said...

60% General American English
25% Dixie
10% Yankee
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern

Yeah, I have no idea how I wasnt more Dixie. This is a load of bull plop. But a fun waste of 2 minutes.

Unknown said...

the 5% is for Pilgram, clearly indicated by Peg's picture.

Rachel said...

AWESOME! I'm the most General American!!!

65% General America
15% Dixie (who knew?)
5% Midwestern (only?)
5% Upper Midwestern
5% Yankee

Panagiota said...

Rachel, I wouldn't shout that too loudly.

Rachel said...

Why not? What's wrong with my cess-pool of donatos pizza, ding-dongs, and expandable-assed pants? We definitely have it right in the midwest when we dip peanut butter in chocolate and call it the state emblem.

Panagiota said...

Nothing's wrong with it. I was just being silly. General American, Dixie, Midwestern, Upper Midwestern, Yankee it's all good.

Unknown said...

I am the same as Panagiota and Lee. Clearly, we rule.

Anonymous said...

Ariel's a little late to the game, but here are her results:

45% General American English
25% Yankee
20% Dixie
5% Upper Midwestern
0% Midwestern

Oddly enough, Ariel is second only to Eric in her Yankee-ness (and tied with Mike) despite having spent all of her life in Arkansas and North Carolina. Maybe it's the "North."

Anonymous said...

Its weird we're so different. I'm:
45% General American English
30% Yankee
20% Dixie
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern