Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Darth Vader Phones Home

I watched a bit of Star Wars: Episodes I-III the other night. Just to be clear, I'm talking about the new Star Wars movies: the ones with Jar-Jar Binks, mitichlorians and plotlines so dull they make C-SPAN footage seem interesting in comparison. Anyway, I was fast-forwarding through to the highlights (the fight between Darth Maul and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, the fight between Yoda and Christopher Lee, the romance sequences between Padme and Anakin) and was instantly reminded about how terrible these movies are. It's not enough that the movies are bad; they're so ridiculously, mind-numbingly awful that it actually induced pain for me to watch them. This especially applied to any scene involving (a) trading routes, (b) senatorial maneuverings or (c) Natalie Portman. Man, I still can't figure out why people think that she's a good actress; was Padme supposed to be as vibrant and charismatic as a coma patient? If so, mission accomplished, Ms. Portman. Bravo.

Anyway, I came across the clip below from Robot Chicken, which I wholeheartedly recommend that you check out on Adult Swim, by the way. Enjoy.

No comments: