Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Hybrid

Let's face it, Pegs has some great attributes that I lack: e.g., cleanliness, tolerance for inane jokes, an ability to produce melatonin. On the other hand, I have some pretty decent traits that Pegs doesn't have: e.g., unlimited reserve of inane jokes, tolerance for alcohol, an ability to produce sperm. One fateful day, a little over 12 weeks ago, Pegs and I got around to thinking, "What would happen if we were to blend our features into a new and exciting hybrid? The first true Alexanderpool, as it were?" So we put on our lab coats and safety goggles and began what has come to be known as the Great Alexanderpool Experiment, a.k.a. "the Hybrid". We've attached a scan of our initial results below. Keep in mind that the Hybrid is only about one quarter baked in this photo, which was taken a few weeks ago, but preliminary marketing research has indicated that there is a substantial interest in our product. We're currently engaged in limited production, with a rollout scheduled in time for the holiday season.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

AHhhhhhhhhhhh! So exciting! Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

it has your eyes, lee. those wonderful blue/green eyes.

Anonymous said...

Much nachas to you! We look forward to seeing the hybrid bump in 3 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Alexanderpools! We are very happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you both!!!! Peggy, you are going to be a wonderful mama!!!!

anna and chris

Anonymous said...

can't wait to meet dimitrios or dimitra vanderpool

Anonymous said...

Holy moly, congratulations guys!! That's quacktastic. Hopefully Lee will be nicer to his offspring than he is/was to his siblings.

Unknown said...

Yeah!! Eric and I are so happy for you!!

Unknown said...

Yeah!! Eric and I are so happy for you!!