Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Greece is the word, is the word, is the word

Living in France may have its disadvantages (strikes, smoking in restaurants, stores closed on Sunday), but lack of vacation time isn't one of them. It seems like only six and a half weeks ago we were in California wrapping up our two-week tour of the US, and now we're heading out again. This time we're off to Greece to spend a little under two weeks in lovely Filiatra, a place where the sun is always warm, the food is always fresh and the women are always warm and fresh. I know it sounds ideal, but don't envy us too much; every once in a while there's a little seaweed in the water and this one time a passing motorcycle woke us up before we got in a full three hours of naptime in the afternoon. Believe me, when that sort of thing happens, you're almost able to convince yourself that being in Greece is not freaking awesome. Almost.

P.S. As Pegs hinted in her earlier post, Eric and Kathryn were in town this weekend. Over a couple of dinners, I tried to give Eric the hard sell about buying some waterfront property outside of Filiatra. There are two acres available right on the water for EUR 85k per acre and.... Wait, did I just say EUR 85k? I meant EUR 25k per acre. With a mansion on it. Yeah, that's the ticket. Just send me your check, and I'll send you a picture of your lovely new property with a hand-drawn deed of sale. Prepared in your choice of crayon color. Any takers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the greatest sister ever! I can't believe that my little sister is 31 and going to be a mom very soon. Its crazy. We hope you are having a great time in Greece.

P.S. I called you on your cell today but couldn't get through.

Rachel said...

Are you two OK? I know that Greece is a big country and my geography skills are very lacking, but southern Greece is on the news today and there is some scary stuff being said about the fires...