No Goats Allowed
Hey, everyone! We're back from our two week holiday in Greece, and despite the raging fires we had a fairly calm and relaxing stay. I even managed to tan a little bit, which essentially means that I achieved a darker shade of pale. We'll provide some pictures and video of our trip shortly (Pegs has access to the pics and vids, not me, so pressure her if she doesn't put them up soon), but in the meantime I wanted to relate a little story I came across that is reminiscent of our voyage back.
Greek airlines are notoriously unreliable (Olympic Airlines is especially bad), so Pegs and I try to take Air France when we go to Greece. Whether it's a long delay, refusal to let us ship back olive oil (dammit!), near-refusal to let Pegs on the plane (the lady at the counter had to call her supervisor to confirm that she could let preggers Peggers fly at 28 weeks) or an extremely rough landing (I'm just now starting to regain sensation in the hand that Pegs was squeezing as we touched down), there's usually a problem getting in and out of the country.
Perhaps Greece should consider taking a cue from Nepal Airlines, which apparently fixes its mechanical troubles with a couple of sacrificial goats. When one of its planes had persistent mechanical problems, the airline decided to offer two goats to Akash Bhairab, the Hindu god of sky protection. Said one senior airline official, "The snag in the plane has now been fixed and the aircraft has resumed its flights," including an overseas trip to Hong Kong.
Note to self: Reschedule my flight to Nepal ASAP.

2 comments:
Preggers Peggers?
I like it - Preggers Peggers - don't hate me for it, though.
Post a Comment