Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

Well, it's another Thanksgiving Day in France, which means ... basically nothing. I'm here at work and have yet to go to lunch; if I were back in the US right now I'd be nursing my third gin and tonic and scarfing down Nanya's infamous spicy Chex Mix. But such is life. Yes, it sucks that I don't have Thanksgiving off, but on the plus side I do get to enjoy such great French holidays as All Saints' Day, Assumption Day and Deodorant Day. Also, not celebrating Thanksgiving means that I don't have to prepare a farm fresh turkey that my loving spouse accidentally put in the deep freeze two nights before. My hands suffered frostbite from handling that particular piece of permafrost.

Meanwhile, back at home, Pegs is trying to recover from a long day yesterday with The Hybrid, who apparently interpreted our requests to get her days and nights straight by crying all day and insisting on being held the entire time. So while you're eating your turkey and yams and cranberry sauce and stuffing and biscuits and mashed potatoes and everything else, keep in mind that there are people suffering over here in France without food or sleep and that you have a lot to be thankful for. Send stuffing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Turkey Day Pegs, Lee & Sofia! We can empathize with you on the little sleep and litle ones confusing their days and nights. Even though we are eating turkey today, please know we are suffering with you (but it's worth it). Love, Jill, Michael, Nina & Milo