Thursday, May 15, 2008

Movie Review: Waitress

I watched Waitress last night.  Good movie.  Keri Russell's pretty.  I know the guy who plays the doctor but I can't figure out from where.  If I were making delicious pies all the time I'd be 5000 pounds.  Although some of those pies sound nasty.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ariel really likes this movie, too. Keri Russell is pretty. The guy who played the doctor is named Nathan Fillion. If you've ever watched the short-lived TV show "Firefly" or its movie follow-up "Serenity," he played the main character.

Rachel said...

I'm still mad at this movie in regards to Hollywood's blatant ignoring of abortion. Firefly and Serenity rock, though.

p.s. I'm mad at Lee for wishing my mom a happy mother's day and not saying happy birthday to me on my birthday. While I agree my mom rocks -- Lee -- are you f-ing with me? Don't you have a big day coming up this weekend? Time to get out the embarrasing photos I have from Derek's wedding....

Rachel said...

I guess I'm just a mad person in general these days. I blame it on being old.

Panagiota said...

I figured out where I know him from. He's Kevin! Kate's cop husband.

Panagiota said...

And they did talk briefly about abortion. She said she didn't want one. They talked about it just as much as they did in Juno and apparently you liked that movie Rachel.

Anonymous said...

Oh snap, son! you go girl, Pegs! I didnt like the movie at all. Had to watch it with Sam...The only parts I liked were the parts about different pies...mmmm. I forgot why I didnt like it though...it's been a while, but I remember my reason was quite valid...I'll leave it at that.

Rachel said...

You know what? You're right. I totally forgot about that. And...I did like the pie. I really like pie. And Nathan Fillon. Mmmmmm.

Sorry I was grumpy. I guess you need more sleep when you're old. Sleep and pie.

So...what are the big birthday plans this weekend for you two?

Anonymous said...

I forgot Nathan Fillion was on Lost. Now I like him even more than before. And if you like campy horror-comedy, he was also the star of "Slither," a film about alien slug/leaches/"Alien"-esque critters that invade smalltown USA. Gore and humor ensue. Or so I am told. I haven't actually seen it. I don't like horror movies.

Anonymous said...

I believe Waitress is a chic flick. Michael wasn't too fond of it, but I enjoyed it. Nathan Fillion was also recently on Desperate Housewives, and yes, I watch that show and enjoy it :) :)