Sunday, June 15, 2008

The student has become the master

Well, it took a year longer than expected, but Damien finally got his Master's degree in (inaudible mumbling) engineering yesterday.  To be honest, I'm not certain what kind of engineering it involves; something to do with heat transfer, mechanics and the Navy, except that last part is classified and can get you killed if you tell anybody about it.  I tried giving Damien a call yesterday to congratulate him, but he claimed that he was in the middle of the diploma ceremony and couldn't hear me over all of the "Woo-hoo!"s and "Yeah!"s in the background.  I like to think that he answered his phone while at the podium giving his acceptance speech and that the cheers I heard were from his hordes of adoring admirers and fans, but it's far more likely that he was at a Nascar rally or wet T-shirt contest.  To celebrate his achievement, the Vanderpool clan descended on Los Angeles en masse, while Pegs and I honored him in absentia by ordering in sushi and watching a movie.  Damien, that last California roll was for you, big guy.

Here are some pics from Damien's last graduation; let's hope he had less of a concussion this time around.

2 comments:

Panagiota said...

Congratulations Damien!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Damien! AO tells me it was a wonderful occasion....Yeay!!