Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Ewwwwww

Remember when your parents tried to make you eat something that was totally disgusting when you were little but that you've grown to love (or at least secretly enjoy) as an adult? I asked Pegs that question and she told me that she always ate everything her parents gave her, which I suppose is how she won first prize in that liver-flavored ice cream eating competition. What about you? Are you a convert to delicacies like brussels sprouts, stewed tomatoes or anything else your parents had to convince you to eat?

2 comments:

Derek said...

Actually, depending on how they're prepared, I do really like brussels sprouts now. But I eat a lot of things I never would have thought about eating as a kid: tuna (still not canned), raw tomatoes, paté... Hell, just last week I ate blood sausage and pig's feet. I am awesome.

Rachel said...

For me it is beets. I HATED them as a kid but Mom made me try them every single year at least once. Now as an adult, I really like the pungent sweet flavor. I'm trying a new recipe for beet cupcakes this weekend. Maybe a disaster, but who knows?