I'm so *!@^*%! tired
It's cool being the mom. For the most part that is. I get the majority of the hugs and the kisses and the playtime. And when you have a super affectionate, outgoing kid like Sofia, who is in a good mood and smiling 99.9999% of the time, that means I spend most of the day drenched in drool with a two foot tall little monkey hanging onto me. She's like baby crack and I'm an addict.
But being the mom comes with super intense, bat like hearing. Sofia sighs in the middle of the night and I'm wide awake and half-way out of bed before I'm fully aware of what the hell's going on. Lee on the other hand, can sleep through the worst of it. For the last several days, Sofia's had a teeny tiny cold and has been waking up sneezing or coughing pretty regularly. As a result, I wake up in the middle of the night and then can't fall back asleep. Sometimes she even calls out "mama" or "daddy" really loudly. Like last night. At 4:21 I hear cough, couch, sneeze, "MAAAAMMMMMMMAAAAAAA", silence. And then I tossed and turned until the morning.
I'm so tired at this point that I can't see straight. So, imagine my delight when Lee wakes up this morning, stretches in bed beside me and says "I got eight hours last night." I was so torn about which hand to hit him with.
7 comments:
For those of you who are curious to know, Pegs ended up by hitting me with both hands. Repeatedly.
Actually, I never said that I got eight hours of sleep. I said it was kind of depressing that I was so tired considering we had gone to sleep eight hours earlier, but I guessed that it was because Pegs woke me up in the middle of the night by stomping to the bathroom and back like a mastodon on creaky wood floors. Also, I was freezing the entire night because she kept stealing all of the covers. At least she gets the baby crack.
Um,
1. I did not hit you.
2. I tiptoed to the bathroom.
3. I did not steal the covers. You kicked them off at some point and they just slid over my side of the bed.
they "magically" slid over to her side, eh? that sounds eerily convenient...but hey, at least Lee isn't one to complain much
i know what you mean, sister. eva decided last night that she doesn't want to sleep in her crib anymore. she kept repeatedly climbing out and screaming the whole time until she passed out from exhaustion in my bed at 11:30pm. i was up the rest of the night at every little noise in case she woke up again.
i just tried putting her down for a nap at 1:45ish but she climbed out immediately. then i locked the door from the inside so she couldn't leave her room. she screamed for over an hour and a half and finally fell asleep.
i just logged onto the internet for some suggestions on how to battle that 20 month old genius and win. any suggestions?
Wipe oil on the doorknob so she can't turn it.
What a great idea, Pegs! And yet another use for olive oil!
Post a Comment