There is nothing to fear but...loud noises coming from inside the apartment
Yesterday evening, as I was preparing to give Sofia a bath, I was startled by a loud noise coming from the other side of the apartment. As Sofia and I stood in the doorway of the living room looking down the hallway towards the WC, for a split second I thought to myself "I hope Sofia volunteers to go and check it out" before realizing "shit! I'm the parent." I then had the inevitable "when in the hell did I become the adult??" revelation.
I thought about asking you the obvious question (when did you realize you were an adult?), but I would rather know this instead:
What are you afraid of?

4 comments:
Tornados and losing my parents. Losing my parents to a tornado would be the ultimate fear. Oh -- and big hair spiders that run fast.
What was the noise?
situations where I can't control my survival and i'd die without the technology. Examples: scuba (can't breathe in water), airplanes (take off and landing mostly), outerspace (if i were ever there for some reason)
To answer your original question: i still dont think i'm an adult, thanks mainly to the fact that Lee is 7 years my senior and he's still not an adult yet.
The noise was something that Lee got upset at me about the next day. Let's see if he can guess. Lee, I know you like to win stuff, so you win something cool if you can figure it out.
That would be the vacuum cleaner in the closet, which fell on my foot the next morning when I opened the door. Now gimme something cool.
Post a Comment