From the Mouth of Sofia
Sofia's been going to halte garderie (pre-school) every morning for a couple of weeks now, and her French is improving by leaps and bounds. Today while she was playing, à propos of nothing, she blurted out "Qu'est-ce qui se passe?" [Translation: "What's the matter?"] Given her habit lately of bursting into tears at a moment's notice, I imagine she hears that phrase quite a bit....
Sofia's developing French skills haven't seemed to slow down her retention of English, though. I'm not sure where Sofia picked this up, but her favorite expression of late is the succinct but always classy, "Oh, shit." I can't decide what's the best aspect of her new catchphrase: that she uses it perfectly in context (after she drops something, when she gets frustrated, etc.), or that when she says it she sounds exactly like Yia Yia.

3 comments:
You mean, "oh, sheet?"
She does actually speak English with a Greek accent. It's very cute. She reminds us of the kid in Fun With Dick and Jane who only speaks Spanish.
Very cute! Also, I love the picture of you two with the Eiffel Tower. It is beautiful!
Post a Comment