Afternoon Karate Kid
Sofia hit some big milestones this week. First, she's now going to school until three in the afternoon. Late last week I got a text from Sofia's teacher asking if I would be interested in putting her in the afternoon program. I responded that it would be fine with me if she thought Sofia was ready, to which she quickly responded that Sofia was tremendously excited at the idea and was very ready to begin. I got back that evening and mentioned the possibility to her, and Sofia immediately lit up with pride at the prospect of being "an afternoon kid". On Monday she took her lunchbox to school (she loves that lunchbox) and was smiling all the way into the classroom. By all accounts she's been enjoying herself very much, although trying to get any specific details out of her is completely futile.
Sofia's next big milestone is that she has been dry at night for an entire week now (with the exception of one evening in which Daddy forgot to put her on the potty before he went to bed). To ensure success, Daddy and/or Yia Yia put Sofia on the toilet late at night (usually between midnight and 2:00 a.m.); Sofia is virtually catatonic during these bathroom trips, but they've been effective. She is extremely pleased with herself that she doesn't need diapers at night any more; perhaps the only person who is more thrilled with the situation is Daddy.
Finally, Sofia started taking karate lessons the other week. She attended a friend's birthday party at a karate school a couple of weekends ago, and I was so impressed by the teacher and how much Sofia enjoyed it that I signed her up for a month's worth of lessons. The cost? $19.99 for four classes, and that included the uniform. Talk about a no-brainer. Hopefully it will improve her coordination a bit (she gets her lack of agility honestly), and at a minimum she seems to be having a good time. My only concern is for Eva's safety; one of these days, Sofia might "star block" her in the head over a disputed pile of Cheerios or something.

1 comment:
Congratulations to Sofia on her many milestones!
Post a Comment