Open up and say "wha?"
I've been having problems with my contact prescription lately; I think that the late nights of staring at a computer screen have finally started getting to me. I asked a French colleague of mine for some eye doctor recommendations a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday she told me that she had another doctor that she wanted to recommend. I took his name, address and contact information and called later that evening to make an appointment. His after-hours nurse picked up the phone, and the conversation went a little something like this:
Me: Hello, I'd like to make an appointment with Dr. M___.
Nurse: Ok. First visit?
Me: Yes.
Nurse: Great. What's the name, please?
Me: Lee Vanderpool. That's L-E-E....
Nurse: I'm sorry; I forgot to ask who you're making the appointment for. Your wife?
Me: No, me.
Nurse: You?
Me: Yes.
Nurse: You?
Me: Yes, me.
Nurse: You need an appointment to see a gynecologist?
Me: Ummmmm, nope. It suddenly cleared up. Thanks, anyway.
As I hung up to the sound of her stifled laughter, I remembered that I had also asked my friend for a doctor recommendation for Pegs. Thankfully the nurse was the curious type; that would have been an awkward pre-exam meeting. I fear that his first question might have been, "So, pre-op or post-op?"

1 comment:
or if the doctor had examined you and found nothing unusual. just kidding honey. i love you.
Post a Comment