Bollywood Comes to Paris
My firm moved to new offices a few months ago at Place Vendome, a beautiful square in the heart of Paris. It's a great place to work, enveloped by austere buildings and dominated by a ginormous phallic symbol right in the center. As it turns out, it's also a very popular place for photo shoots and films. Today there's a Bollywood crew filming across the Place from my office, and I checked it out a bit on my way to lunch. So the next time you rent "The Purple Orchid of Mumbai" or "Delhi Belly: The Musical", be on the lookout for a tall handsome American strolling confidently across the screen. I'm the guy right behind him looking directly at the camera with an open mouth and a zit on his chin.

1 comment:
If anyone wants to see a fantastic Bollywood movie, I recommend "Lagaan" - a 4 1/2 hour roller-coaster epic musical about cricket!
My favorite line: When a Sikh tries to join the Indian cricket team to defeat the evil colonialist "whiteys," the hero responds with the culturally sensitive comment, "You realize we do not throw spears here."
Post a Comment