Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Closing time

Closings suck. By the time you get to the end of a deal, you're usually so fed up with it that you don't even want to talk to your own colleagues about it, much less opposing counsel. I just pulled another late night trying to bring this transaction to the point where we can actually sign while negotiating with a guy I'll affectionately call Tinkerbell. It turns out that Tink is a bit of a dink, and his incessant comments have been driving me and everyone else nuts. I would have been able to leave about four hours ago if it weren't for this human skid mark; the only thing that's keeping me going is the knowledge that if we actually sign tomorrow, then I'll soon be done dealing with him. And by dealing with him I mean causing him to bleed to death from innumerable paper cuts using only the facilities agreement he forced me to revise no less than twenty-five times (and counting). Wish me luck....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I wish I could buy you your first bourbon after the close.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could punch Tinkerbell in the face and make him cry like Nancy Kerrigan.

Anonymous said...

I like Derek's comment better.

Panagiota said...

see, isn't tinkerbell better than jingle bell? although, instead of dink, you could have said dingle. i don't know what dingle means, but it sounds dirty doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Dingleberry: (ding - el - bear - e)

Left over poo attached to your hair (down there) in the form of a ball (or berry).

I believe pegs is right that it's worse.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that disgusting bit of knowledge with us, Damien. As Ariel just pointed to me, you appear to have a very extensive vocabulary in a very particular, gross niche of the English language.

Love you, guy!

Anonymous said...

I just had friends who were guys in middle school, Derek. There's nothing to be ashamed of in that (oooooooooo, BURN!!! sissy boy)