Maybe I should have taken the bus....
Road to St. Michel was blocked. Driver couldn't put it in reverse. Stalled the car. When she did get it in reverse, she almost backed over a guy in the crosswalk and said "Ah, he can see me too, you know." Took a left at rue des Medecines (instead of going to Carrefour de l'Odeon) to rue M. Le Prince and then went THROUGH Carrefour de l'Odeon towards Saint Sulpice. Now on rue Bonaparte heading north, going over cobblestoned street and hooking up with Quai Voltaire. Stuck behind a bus in the bus lane and going through the Louvre instead of going under the Tuileries and avoiding the lights at Louvre and Rivoli. Bill's already up to 7.30 and counting. Plus, she's racing and honking as much as possible to make up time, as well as cursing a LOT. Great start to the morning; next time I'm taking the bus.

3 comments:
I am sorry Lee, but I have to be critical here. This is NOT a cab story. Unless you physically strike a cab (punch, kick, etc.), or are dragged by one, or the driver threatens to kill you, it is not actually a cab story. It is basically what happened to you on your commute.
I defer to the Cab Master on this one, who is absolutely right. In the future, I will refrain from telling any cab stories that do not entail bodily injury or assault. Maybe I should tell them about the time that Eric jump-kicked a cab as it drove away after refusing to take us to Queens? Or the one that dragged Eric by his coat for several city blocks before he managed to escape without getting run over? Good times....
don't be bitter Lee. And, as my lawyer you should know that it is illegal to deny me a cab ride to Queens. And, furthermore, it is my god-given right if I am drunk. At least you ended the stories with those two, I owe you one.
Post a Comment