Elevator Encounter
Pegs and I ran into Pigeon Lady the other night. We were coming back from picking up a hot Indian dinner and decided to take the elevator, when who should pop out the door but Nosferatu herself. I know what you're thinking: there must have been a high level of tension in the air, words must have been exchanged and blood most likely was spilled. And yet, it was remarkably unremarkable, a virtual non-event. That was due partly to the fact that it was kinda dark, so I didn't recognize her at first. Partly it was due to her new hairstyle, which looked like the kind of thing Will Ferrell might do to his own hair if left alone high on acid with a curling iron and a gallon of crazy glue. Still, I should have known it was the she-beast from the malevolent look in Panagiota's eye when the doors opened; I can only pray that Pegs never uses that face on me, because I'm pretty certain that it would cause me to revert to a childlike state and wet myself continuously for at least 24 hours. Still, all I could think to do at the time was to say "Pardon, madame" and move out of her way. I like to think of it as turning the other cheek, or proving myself a gentleman when not pushed to the absolute breaking point by her psychotic behavior. To be honest, though, I have to admit that once I realized it was her, the temptation to run back downstairs and dump scalding hot aloo gobi and a side of curried vegetables down her blouse was fairly irresistible. Maybe next time....
In other news, Derek was kind enough to send us a picture of Pigeon Lady's future neighbors. Check 'em out below; I like the way they think.
In other news, Derek was kind enough to send us a picture of Pigeon Lady's future neighbors. Check 'em out below; I like the way they think.

No comments:
Post a Comment