Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It's a little early for this, but I'll forget it by April

Have you ever noticed how much black cardamom seeds look like mouse droppings? Today I'm making Indian rice pudding for Lee; he asked for it and we have a ton of milk that's going bad, so I thought, I could take 8 hours out of my busy day to make something special for my Princess. And as I'm prying open the cardamom pods to get to the seeds it struck me how much cardamom seeds look like mouse droppings. Then I thought, you know what would be the best April Fool's Day joke? Take a whole bunch of black cardamom seeds and spread them around the house. Then wait for your partner or roommate(s) to find them and go hysterical over all the mice you must have! How funny would that be?! God, I'm good.

Obviously the joke works better if you live with someone. But if you're bored, you can spread the seeds around your own place and feign surprise and disgust when you find them. Then, call your doctor and tell him/her that the voices are back.

4 comments:

Panagiota said...

The best way to catch mice is that sticky glue stuff. Spread some on a piece of cardboard or something, put some nuts in it and voila. I should warn you though, that if you live with a princess, you will have to get rid of the piece of cardboard with the mice on it yourself. And if the mouse hasn't died yet, the princess won't kill it for you.

Anonymous said...

Or you could use actual rice droppings instead of the cardemon seeds to make the rice pudding. You should try it on Lee; I'm sure he'll find it hilarious.

This is young. i have no idea what my login is.

Panagiota said...

you don't need a login. just select other, type your name in, ignore the your web page part, and hit publish.

Anonymous said...

you smile