Matt Drudge is a big wet douche
I didn't want to say anything about the whole Mark Foley scandal, especially since there's already been so much in the news about it. At this point, nothing surprises me about Congressmen misbehaving, whether they're slapping a cop or having an affair with a dead intern or soliciting teenage pages to have online sex, so I'll be honest when I say that I intentionally avoided reading up on all of the scandalous details. It sounded to me like the guy was a bit of a perv, as well as a Republican hypocrite, and I was happy to leave it alone at that. It would appear, however, that Matt Drudge has a slightly different take on the story. On his radio talk show, Drudge tried to turn the blame towards the kids Foley solicited, saying that they were "egging the Congressman on". Says Drudge:
And if anything, these kids are less innocent -- these 16 and 17 year-old beasts . . . and I've seen what they're doing on YouTube and I've seen what they're doing all over the internet -- oh yeah -- you just have to tune into any part of their pop culture. You're not going to tell me these are innocent babies. Have you read the transcripts that ABC posted going into the weekend of these instant messages, back and forth? The kids are egging the Congressman on! The kids are trying to get this out of him. We haven't got the whole story on this.
"Beasts"? I'm not saying that Matt Drudge is a douche, but Matt Drudge is the biggest douche in the history of feminine hygiene products. Bashing the victim and blaming them in any form of sexual impropriety, especially minors for Christ's sake, is abhorrent in the extreme. Even if one or two of Foley's targets were interested in and responding to his advances for anything other than gathering evidence against him, you're still talking about children here. Drudge is the kind of guy who would try to justify a tape of himself fellating a horse by saying that the horse was coming on to him.
Click here for the full audio.
Click here for the full audio.

2 comments:
For the record, the second italicized paragraph is not Matt Drudge. That was me talking about how the Republican Party's excuses about Mark Foley are idiotic and offensive - much like Matt Drudge.
Thanks for the heads up. I've removed it. Thanks also for bringing the quote to our attention. I hope this guy gets trampled by a mob of angry rape victims.
Post a Comment