Rush Limbaugh Is a Fat Deaf Addict
One of the benefits of living in France is that we're relatively immune to the conservative propaganda and political spin coming out of Fox News and friends. For example, I didn't even realize that Rush Limbaugh was relevant any more other than as a living reminder that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, but apparently he's still getting paid to spew his outrageous right-wing shit. The ever-aware Derek sent me the following quote from Lim-dick (Get it? "Limp Dick"? Hey, give me a break; it's early), in which he accuses Michael J. Fox of hamming up his Parkinson's symptoms in recent television spots in Missouri for Democratic Senate candidate Claire McCaskill, who promotes stem-cell research:
"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease! He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."
First of all, Michael J. Fox has publicly stated that he doesn't take his meds when appearing before Congress to testify about stem cell research or when deliberately trying to show the effects of his disease (read about it in his memoir, A Lucky Man). Second, how rabid do you have to be to attack someone clearly suffering from a physical disorder? I mean, I don't make fun of Rush Limbaugh for being morbidly obese, balding, grotesquely unattractive and addicted to prescription pain medication to the point that it rendered him as deaf as a Nickelback fan. The fact that he can't hear but is still talking non-stop is only proof that he never listened to anything other than himself in the first place, and now he doesn't even have to worry about hearing the crap that's coming out of his own mouth. He's just like Beethoven, except that instead of being a genius composer he's the incredibly loose sphincter of an elephant that just ate a crate of Ex-Lax.
Finally, I haven't seen the TV spots, but I find it very hard to believe that Michael J. Fox could act convincingly enough to fake the severe symptoms of Parkinson's disease. I mean, am I the only person out there who saw "Life With Mikey"? Holy crap; I AM the only person out there who saw "Life with Mikey". Twice.
Finally, I haven't seen the TV spots, but I find it very hard to believe that Michael J. Fox could act convincingly enough to fake the severe symptoms of Parkinson's disease. I mean, am I the only person out there who saw "Life With Mikey"? Holy crap; I AM the only person out there who saw "Life with Mikey". Twice.

7 comments:
wow beba, relax, you're getting a little too worked that early in the morning don't you think?
i saw the commercial on youtube. very sad. he is clearly not acting.
Perhaps you're right. If anything, however, Rush Limbaugh should know better than to do this sort of thing and alienate his fan base. I mean, he's basically calling Alex P. Keaton a liar. The kid who had a picture of Nixon on his bedroom wall. The uber-Young Republican.
Do we need to have the dicussion on make-believe versus reality again?
How sad is it that the most we've interacted in three days is on the comments to this blog? And emails with your sibs in which we get made fun of by the Littlest Pool.
"he's the incredibly loose sphincter of an elephant that just ate a crate of Ex-Lax"
where do you come up with this stuff??
Pegs, I've been wondering the exact same thing. Ariel and I read the blog every morning, and while it's absolutely fantastic, occassionally the things Lee writes just isn't appropriate while eating a bowl of All-Bran cereal.
Hey honey, here's an update on the Micheal J. Fox thing. http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15435271/
On the "Rush Limbaugh is an addict" side, he was apparently detained at the Palm Beach Airport this past July when coming back from the Dominican Republic with four other men and a bottle full of Viagra that wasn't in his name. Just thought I'd share.
Post a Comment