Thursday, December 21, 2006

I knew I shouldn't have sat on it

I was just talking to Lee on the phone. He's been calling me periodically to make sure I don't fall asleep, even though he is a very busy and important man (see honey, I was listening). Somehow we ended up talking about cleaning. It would take way too long to explain how we got to talking about cleaning, but let's just say it involved a midget, bacon and a pipe.

Anyway, talking about cleaning reminded me of the first time I saw how Lee cleaned his apartment. Or, specifically, the toilet. I think we were having people over or something and Lee went into the bathroom to clean it. I thought something was suspicious when he went into the bathroom armed with only a spray bottle of cleaning product. I knew he didn't keep any cleaning supplies in the bathroom, so I decided to pop my head in to see what was going on. Before I tell you, please know that he is not allowed to clean the bathroom anymore, which I think was all part of his master plan anyway.

First, he would spray the area he wanted to clean. Then he would break off one sheet of toilet paper at a time and wipe it away. And this is how he cleaned the entire toilet. To this day, he insists that this system works just fine.

But I guess as far as cleaning habits go, that one's not so bad. My mom used to put all of our shoes in the washing machine and wash them. Who puts shoes in the washing machine???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

midget is not pc

Panagiota said...

that's not true. isn't midget the medical term?

Anonymous said...

I think dwarf is the official medical term now, but I could be wrong.

Rachel said...

Midget and dwarf are different medical terms, right? Vanessa -- you must settle this. Something to do with proportionsim. Is that a word?

Oh -- and I wash my tennis shoes in the washing machine. Your Mom is right on.

Panagiota said...

I will concede the tennis shoes, but that's it.