Obligatory Can't Sleep/Jetlag Post
The next night, I had a harder time falling asleep so I moved to the couch and started reading because I didn't want to wake Lee. I thought about watching TV, but I decided that that would be stupid and that reading would be better because it would make me sleepy, which it did and I ended up falling asleep around 2:30. The problem is that Lee let me sleep until noon and when I got up I sat on the couch reading because Lee was playing on the computer from the time he got up until 6 in the evening in his attempt to show me how much he really did miss me while I was gone, and I ended up dozing off again for a couple of hours. When I woke up I knew I was completely screwed and that there was no way I would be able to sleep tonight. And I was right. I thought about taking some more of the pills, but they are supposed to be super addictive and because I have an addictive personality, I didn't want to take the chance. The doctor told me to take one-fourth of one pill 15 minutes before the plane took off. I tried that the first time and I didn't feel a thing. This time I took an entire pill an hour before the flight took off and I didn't feel a thing until 3 hours in. Either the doctor was way off, or I'm a big fat fatty. It might be the latter, because I did gain 7 pounds while in the US. How depressing is that? And I just felt my stomach growl. It's almost 4:30 in the morning!
I should rename this post the Run-On Sentence Post.
The other thing I did this weekend was watch Lost. I don't get all the hype. It's kind of dumb isn't it? And I find the music really annoying. Dun-dun-dun. Excuse me, let me feel what emotion I want to feel when I want to feel it rather than trying to use music to make me feel what you want me to feel. Also, Lee, the person who doesn't let you file your nails within a half-mile radius of where he is, won't watch scary movies or movies with too much violence, passed out from reading about a nose bleed in a book, made someone give up his seat on the subway in NYC because he felt queasy from reading something violent in a book, wouldn't cooperate and fast-forward all of the plane crashing scenes and, when I tried to explain that I don't want my fear of flying to get worse, told me to "just get over it". I think I am going to tie him down and make him watch Scarface. Once, when we were living in NY, Scarface came on TV, regular cable, and he tried to make me sit through it while he held the remote and changed channels every time there was violence because apparently, he had never seen the movie (due to the fact that you can still see the violence if you fast-forward) and he saw this as his opportunity to watch it because he could just change the channel when there was violence. Yeah. Try it sometime, you'll be surprised not only at how often you have to change the channel, but that someone (Lee) actually watched it this way.
One thing I discovered while I was in the US: America's Next Top Model is on all the time. They must replay that show on every single channel at least once a day. And how often can Tyra Banks say "America's Next Top Model"? Seriously, I dare you to watch the show at least once. I guarantee it will drive you crazy. There should be a drinking game. And I'm sure Tyra Banks is beautiful and a very nice person, but she's a bit annoying. And she looks like a man sometimes.Actually, maybe I should call this the Long Rambling Post. Hey, I might finally be catching up to Lee. I think this post is half as long as one of his normal posts. Yea!
2 comments:
At least I get my fear of blood and violence naturally. Growing up, Dad installed a safety harness in front of his bathroom sink just in case he nicked himself while shaving.
Also, in my defense, I DID fast-forward the crash scenes and warned Pegs well in advance that they were coming. I'm sorry, but in a show about a plane crash you are bound to have some scenes related to said crash, so it shouldn't really have come as a surprise.
I admit that I did tell Pegs to get over it (i.e., her fear of flying), and for that I am sorry, but I only said it after she yelled at me to fast-forward a scene in which there was some turbulence. Oh, and at the time I was eating my dinner. And she had the remote. And I was in another room. With Steve.
As for Scarface? I hardly think that equating (1) a scene in which some people get jostled around in their chairs with (2) a guy getting his head split open by a chainsaw is fair. But maybe that's just me. And my therapist.
uh, huh. whatever you need to tell yourself.
Post a Comment