Musings on Lost
Okay, so far I've watched 12 episodes. I have two thoughts on it (yes, I have more thoughts than this, but I don't want to make you all feel stupid by revealing the brilliance of my inner musings, so I am only sharing the mediocre thoughts to make you feel better about yourselves - you're welcome). Musing numero uno: the show has Lord of the Flies undercurrents. Is that why Jack is named Jack? Is Dr. Jack the antithesis of novel Jack, who is kind of the antithesis of Ralph and Piggy? And therefore, Dr. Jack is Ralph and Piggy, and Simon too? I guess Dr. Raiggymon would have been awkward. Second: is the show called Lost not because the people are lost but because they have lost their way in life and the island's mystical powers *cough-bullshit-cough* is, unbeknowest to them, helping them find themselves?Oh, and what's up with Hurley? I know he's the best one and all, but shouldn't he have lost a little bit of weight by now?
And if Walt is "special" then why couldn't he kill the mutant polar bear that was trying to get him? Can Walt only kill things smaller than himself?
I know that's four smart-asses, but the last two are statements of annoyance and not musings.
3 comments:
yeah, i have a feeling that lost is going to get all "last 3 seasons of X-Files" on us. even if you like the show. Maybe we should just connect all the dots and realize it is X-Flies, and that the three concepts are miserably entangled.
The Lost X-Flies. Quick, someone swat them away. Or, actually, catch them now that we've found them. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I'm really tired.
Unforch, you can't be officially annoyed yet, since you are way behind *reality*, and also because all of your annoyances will be answered and then replaced by even larger annoyances. As my charming husband opined, this is the X-Files of the 21st cen.
Post a Comment