Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The shaft vs. the boot

If you had a choice, would you rather be given the shaft or the boot? I think I would rather get the boot than the shaft. If you get the shaft, that means you've been rejected outright. You aren't even given a chance. It's completely arbitrary. And a bit heartless. If you're given the boot, at least you got your foot in the door. At least somebody picked you. I remember the first time I was "picked" last for a sports team in gym class. It was so humiliating. Granted, I was a 200 lb 9 year old with thunder thighs and size C fat deposits on my chest I won't even pretend to call breasts. But still, I could have been spry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to add that you were 4 feet tall

Panagiota said...

That's true, I was pretty short for my age. I was still a foot taller than Lee was though. Hopefully I will destroy all photographic evidence before you can get your hands on it and show it to Lee. We need to be married a little bit longer before he can see what I looked it. And how I dressed. And how I did my hair. Oh God, I have to go lie down.

Anonymous said...

lee, you HAVE TO see the picture with the tree..its priceless

Panagiota said...

No way jose. Let us have kids first so that I can trap him.