Thursday, January 11, 2007

Eurotrashy news

Over here in Europe, all of the magazines, online sites and other news outlets are going spastic about where David Beckham is going to end up playing next year. For those of you who live in the States, David Beckham is kind of like the European equivalent of Brad Pitt, if Brad were married to a pig skeleton and talked like a four-year old girl with a mouthful of cotton candy.

I personally could care less about where Beckham and his fried piece of bacon wife end up going, but it did cause me to think about the nature of celebrity and how weird it is that we get so fascinated with famous peoples' personal lives. I can't imagine what it would be like to have an entire continent of people care about what clothes I'm wearing or who the press is saying might have flirted with me the day before; I can barely manage to keep enough interest in myself to shower and change underwear. It must be even more strange to be incredibly well-known in your home country, only to be a total D-lister anywhere else. For example, I don't know anything about British celebrities like Lucy Pinder and Keeley Hazell other than the fact that they have enormous boobs, constantly pose in the buff, have sexual proclivities bordering on nymphomania, and ...

Sorry, what was I talking about?

7 comments:

Panagiota said...

I thought you had a closing big guy.

Rachel said...

Wahooo! We got him down here in LA!!!!! Now I get to run in to him and Posh Spice on the beach!

Lee said...

I'm in the closing right now, little Miss Smartypants. This was drafted in what I like to think of as the calm before the storm, when everyone is holding their breath while waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Panagiota said...

You are such a liar Vanderpool. You love Keeley Hazell. Or at least her ta-tas.

Panagiota said...

he is pretty though, isn't he? i'd show him my red card. yum.

Lee said...

I'm not even sure what that means. You'd send him off the field and prevent him from playing in the next game?

Panagiota said...

that's right baby. and he'd like it too.