Is that a ring in your hand or are you just going to mug me?
If something totally and completely random happens twice that officially qualifies as weird right? Today I took a walk along the champ de mars on my way to our bank in the 16th to pick up our new bank cards (more on that later). Coming towards me is this really shady dude; dirty, ragged and kinda creepy looking. As we get closer to each other he starts to slow down. He glances all around him to see if anybody is near. Right before I pass him, he stops. I'm thinking he's going to try to mug me or something, so I summon up my bitchy-est scowl. I tense all of my muscles. I grab my bag tightly. Then he slowly bends down and picks up a wedding band that was on the ground and holds it out to me with a quizzical look on his face. I know, romantic right? This guy was really lucky I didn't go postal on his ass. Punk.
But the weird part is that this exact same thing happened to me like a year ago. Except it was in the 6th and the guy looked normal. I guess I should have pretended they were mine and pawned them. Next time I'll be prepared.

2 comments:
Something you should sort of be aware of. There are multiple different scams that start out like this.
1) The con pretends to have found something valuable
2) Acts like the "mark", you were part of the finding of it.
3) Con then splits the procedes with you, but you keep the valuable goods. (Gee, I don't need a wedding ring, how about you give me $20 for it, and we'll call it even)
4) Mark then realizes that the valuable goods were fake. (Ring is fake, no better than a steel keychain)
This is totally how I made money after I couldn't get a job out of Columbia. I mean, this is how con artists usually do it. Chances are your scowl made them think that you weren't worth messing with. Keep up the good scowling.
That's what Lee said. Maybe you guys are right. It would be way too weird for this to happen twice. Although I'm sure the first time was legit.
Post a Comment