In the News
When I read the headline to this story, my initial thought was that the American Taliban was hard at work again. But this is actually the baby of a gay rights group that is trying to use the words of the State Supreme Court against them. In a 2002 ruling, the court, in striking down same-sex marriage, held that procreation between opposite sex individuals within the framework of marriage is a legitimate government interest. By getting this proposition on the upcoming ballot, they are hoping to draw attention to the absurdity of the court's ruling. A little far-fetched, but the strategy is pretty good if they can get the straight people all riled up about this.
2 comments:
This is a fantastic idea. I am actually not being sarcastic about this. Clearly not about the law, but about the tactic. Sorry, I don't have anything funny to say.
That's okay. It wasn't meant to be funny.
Post a Comment