Pignolia, I find you oh so tasty
I think that the pine nut is very underrated. I find that it is very yummy, toasted or not. It's great on salads, in pesto and in an unlimited number of other dishes, both sweet and salty. It's unfortunate that you never see the pine nut served along with drinks. Wouldn't it be great to walk in to a bar and see overflowing bowls of toasted pine nuts being served? And here in Paris at least, you never find them hanging out with the other nuts in grocery stores, which are always with the snacks. The pine nuts are usually in the baking aisle for some reason. I would have to say that pine nuts satisfy my overall nut needs.

7 comments:
Ahem.
I said overall not all.
Correction for Lee because he doesn't understand my comment: I said that pine nuts satisfy my overall nut needs not that pine nuts satisfy all of my nut needs.
that's what SHE said...no really...pegs just said it. sorry lee. It's okay that you dont have good nuts...you have a great sense of humor. i'm sure that more than make up for your sub-par nuts (giggle)
Pegs "pines" for "nuts." Get it? Get it???
That's clever Derek. No, really. I mean it.
Thanks. That one took me all afternoon.
Post a Comment