The end is nigh
Don't say I didn't tell you so. In what should come as a surprise to absolutely no one other than Rush Limbaugh, this past January was the hottest on record by a huge margin. The U.S. National Climatic Data Center calculated that the world's land areas were 3.4 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Celsius) warmer than average in January, shattering the previous record (set in 2002) by 0.81 degrees Fahrenheit (0.56C). When asked to comment on what significance this dramatic change in the earth's temperature could have for the future of the planet, the data center's scientific services chief, David Easterling, responded by waving his arms wildly in the air and screaming "AHHHHH WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE AHHHHH LORD HELP US AHHHHH JESUS CHRIST HAVE MERCY!!!" shortly before beating himself to death with a hammer.
People, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Never shave naked. Also, take global warming seriously.
People, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Never shave naked. Also, take global warming seriously.

11 comments:
Honey, I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's not the size of the wave, it's the motion of the ocean.
officially, 3.4 degrees F is not 4 degrees C...it's 1.9 degrees C...dont know how you got 4. That's besides the point anyway. The point is this: i've said it before and i'll say it again-Dragnet should be brought back...with the original cast.
I now saw the link where you got your numbers. The fact that it was on cnn.com makes me think two things:
1) Perhaps I'm not considering something when converting farenheit to celcius, and
2) CNN can't do math either
Someone please comment on this...I was always brought up being told (Lord knows not by Lee or Derek) F=(9/5)C...how did they get 3.4F=4C?
9/5C + 32
They are talking about the difference so that makes sense b/c you would need a larger number in C for a smaller number in F. Don't know about the exact numbers though.
no, a small number of C will result in a large F. For example: a change in 2C would be a change of 3.6F (when i wrote F=9/5C, i meant the change in F and the change in C). Anyway...farenheit changes more than celcius...almost twice as more. just look at your post it by your computer which has the Celcius to Farenheit conversion, pegs.
Pegs, I'm stupid when it comes to math - could you explain what you just wrote in another way? I'm sure you're right, I just don't get how. Maybe give an example?
In fact, I'll give you one (and related to global warming, no less): scientists have recently said that the oceans' temperature could increase by as much as 5C in the next century. How many degrees Farenheit would that make? Please show your work while answering this question.
*almost twice as much
I think we can come to one conclusion: CNN may not be able to do math, but I certainly cant type/speak English. And I have a feeling that typing/speaking is more important in day to day life. So CNN=1, Damien=0
I don't know. I'm so confused now. Make the lambs stop screaming.
Yeah, Damien's right. CNN is wrong. I'm an idiot. Basically, just a normal day. In my defense I have a bad migraine.
Lee has informed me that CNN hasnt always be correct when it comes to math. So I'm going to assume that I am correct...Hence, Damien=1, CNN=1. I'm cool with a tie
Post a Comment