Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Question

Does anybody know how to hook up a computer to a TV? We have a Sony Wega LCD TV and I'm pretty sure it can be used as a computer monitor, but I don't know how to hook it up. I read somewhere that it can be done although the quality might not be as good as a regular computer monitor. And yes, I know I can look it up on the net, but I'm lazy. Besides, I tried looking it up and I can't find a clear answer. At least one that my 2cm brain can comprehend.

I will reward the person who helps me figure it out with The Greatest Prize Ever.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Well...not sure if it will work for you -- but here's how I connect my laptop to my (OLD) non-flat-screen TV. I went out and bought a cable that matches the back of my laptop (like the prong you use for a projector) -- that has the other end with the red/yellow/white three-pronged cord that I plug into my TV. It cost me $20 at Best Buy. There might be a better way, but that's how I catch up on Grey's Anatomy from the online episodes when I've been out of town.

Panagiota said...

Thanks. I've been looking online and I think it can be done, but there is no explanation on how to do it. Sales people are notoriously unhelpful here, and my French isn't good enough to have a real discussion about this, so I'm hoping to figure out exactly what I need before I go to the store! I saw something about a VGA connector whatever that is. Wish me luck!

Panagiota said...

Rachel wins the prize! Rachel, you should expect to receive Chess Highlights of the 20th Century in four to six weeks.