Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Nappy headed

If you're worried about heart disease but can't drum up the motivation to hit the gym or stop guzzling bagfuls of pork rinds, you may be in luck. A six-year Greek study has determined that those who took a 30-minute siesta at least three times a week had a 37% lower risk of heart-related death. As an added bonus for working men, the study also shows a 64% reduced risk of death for regular nap-timers.

Given that the study was done by Greek scientists, there's a significant chance that the results were written in magic marker on the inside of a pizza box. In a few weeks we'll probably hear about how this was part of an elaborate ruse to justify passing out after inhaling a couple of pounds of moussaka and galopita. Assuming that the results are accurate, however, it's probably the most important achievement in Greek scientific history, including the development of Archimedes' Principle and all of that Pythagorean theorem crap I can't be bothered to remember. Something about triangles, I think. Or goldfish....

4 comments:

Panagiota said...

I'm so proud of my people.

Anonymous said...

you're uninvited

Panagiota said...

I guess we have to change our plane tickets then. Lee, where should we go in June instead of Philly?

Don't you think the boss in the picture looks like Dad from the side?

Anonymous said...

except the pants arent tight enough. dad has gotten so fat and his pants so tight that you can see the insides of his pockets.