Rachel Rachel ro-Rachel. Banana fana fo Rachel. Me-my-mo-Rachel. Raaachel.
My dearest Rachel,
Thank you so much for the books. We received them yesterday from our concierge type person and I've already finished half of the first book! You are so sweet and kind to think of us. Also incredibly thoughtful and generous. Gentle-hearted and free-spirited. Nimble of mind and calm of temper. Big of heart and small of foot. I will give you a big kiss when I see you! Nay, scratch that. I will give you two big kisses when I see you. Wet ones. With feeling (wink, wink).
Thank you so much for the books. We received them yesterday from our concierge type person and I've already finished half of the first book! You are so sweet and kind to think of us. Also incredibly thoughtful and generous. Gentle-hearted and free-spirited. Nimble of mind and calm of temper. Big of heart and small of foot. I will give you a big kiss when I see you! Nay, scratch that. I will give you two big kisses when I see you. Wet ones. With feeling (wink, wink).

3 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you got them! Those books cracked me up. I hope they crack you up, too!
My favorite was when the main character first arrives in Paris and can't get over the "kiss" culture:
"There were people kissing while waiting for the lift. People kissing in front of a drinks machine. Even the receptionist was leaning across her counter to smooch with someone -- a woman, too -- who'd entered the building just ahead of me.
Wow, I thought, if there's ever a serious epidemic of facial herpes, they'll have to get condoms for their heads."
Awesome.
(Kinda glad you edited out the gum. Just in case it makes it back in -- I prefer spearmint.)
Well, Rachel, to be honest with you it was a hard decision. I started out "With tongue". Then, I thought to myself "That's a bit much Pegster. After all, my father-in-law reads this blog." So, I changed it to "And gum". Then I said "Fuck it. I'm going 'With tongue'!" However, after an emergency meeting with my editor, in which he advised me to use "With feeling" with "feeling" italicized, I decided to follow his advice. As you will see from the final version of the post, I took his suggestion and made it my own by adding "(wink, wink)". All in all, I think it was the right decision.
Post a Comment