Friday, March 02, 2007

Hairplane

An Australian man who worked as a baggage handler for the national airline Qantas was jailed for at least two years on Friday for stealing hair from women's luggage to satisfy a sexual fetish. Rodney Lyle Petersen, 30, would apparently rummage through lost or delayed luggage that he was returning to passengers. He collected the hair from brushes and clothing, then put it inside plastic slips and recorded the women's personal details. Police said he had catalogued the hair in more than 80 bags.

It might be a bit strange, but I'm not going to criticize this guy and call him a freak or deviant for having fantasies involving women's hair. As far as fetishes go, this guy's is pretty tame and it doesn't sound like anyone was hurt in the process. I would also imagine that this particular kink would also be relatively easy to fullfil, which makes me wonder why he went to such lengths to get his hair samples. Wouldn't it have been easier to just get a job where he had easy access to women's hair without going through their luggage? Like a hairdresser or a janitor at a salon? It seems to me that if you have a fetish, you should make an effort to satisfy it in a safe and non-criminal manner. For example, I decided to become a lawyer because I have a legal fetish; I always get off on legal technicalities.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Without being too graphic, what do you suppose he actually DID with the hair? If he had it collected in baggies, did he pin them to the wall and fantasize about the women? Did he stuff a pillowcase with hair and lay on it? Ewwww! I think the fact they left it so vague means that it must be too juicy/gross for print...

Panagiota said...

like the guy who had his friends tape him having sex with a horse and he died from the internal injuries and it was all caught on tape? now, THAT's a fetish.

Rachel said...

Wait...the guy died or the horse died? Just trying to get (a disturbing) mental image.

Anonymous said...

Definitely the guy. The horse - a little disturbed, but otherwise A-okay.

Upping the ante, though, I think by far the most disturbing fetish caught on tape was the man who requested to be eaten alive by another man in Germany. They filmed themselves cutting off and cooking the man's various parts, starting with his jibblies. Now that's a big, fat, EWWWWW!!! And apparently it didn't even taste that good - too chewy.

Panagiota said...

I didn't want to get into the details, but as between the guy and the horse, the guy was the catcher. He, understandably, is the one who died.

Derek, I totally remember the German cannibal thing. But as far as defenses go, he had a pretty solid one. After all, he DID have the guy on tape saying that he wanted to be cut up and eaten. Granted, the guy was probably very disturbed and you wonder how valid his "consent" could be. But still. Anybody who engages in this type of behavior is not exactly sane in my opinion.

Lee just told me that he remembers reading that the accused said that the reason the penis was chewy was because the guy being eaten was going to pass out from the bleeding (the meat was very "fresh" so to speak) and asked the accused, who was doing the cooking, to give him some ding dong to eat before he passed out.

Anonymous said...

I will defer to Lee's judgement when it comes to penile cuisine.