Fashion Unconscious
I've never claimed to be the snazziest dresser of all time, but with the exception of that one time I accidentally wore my underwear outside of my pants, I can generally pick out clothes that avoid drawing attention to myself. This morning, however, I passed by someone whom I can only hope was on leave from some sort of psychiatric facility or was newly arrived to our planet. Her outfit included the following:
- checker-patterned red and black tights;
- silver heels;
- some sort of blouse made out of shiny black material, like Hefty garbage bags or duct tape;
- a purple jacket (think Prince in Purple Rain);
- silver lip gloss that made her look like she had either just gone skiing or finished sucking the chrome off of a trailer hitch; and
- huge wrap-around sunglasses (the kind favored by welders).
Not everyone can be a Gianni Versace or even a Gloria Vanderbilt, but odds are that if my two year old niece can put together a better ensemble for her Mr. Potato Head than the outfit you have on, you need to dig a little harder into your closet.

1 comment:
I have to disagree with you my fashion-challenged husband. Some of your striped pants, checkered shirt and flowered tie combinations leave a lot to be desired. Sometimes I make you change, but if you are looking particularly cute, I unleash you into the world wearing a Lee-Lee creation knowing that no matter how much she might want to, no woman who sees you will try to steal you away that day.
Post a Comment