Ghetto Pops
Does anybody remember ghetto pops? On our way back home during our walk yesterday, Lee and I wanted ice cream. We went to three different places trying to find the watery kind, like popsicles. But despite the posters advertising all kinds of watery ice cream, none of the places sold them. Today, I went to three grocery stores trying to find some. Nothing. When I got home I noticed that we had some orange juice in the fridge, so I took an ice cube tray, filled it up with orange juice and three hours later - ghetto pops! I'm in heaven.Lee told me my storing is boring, but I'm sure most of you had home-made popsicles when you were kids. My mom had this plastic thing that she would fill up with juice and we would have ghetto pops all the time.
5 comments:
I never said that your story was boring. I just fell asleep while you were telling it to me.
we definitely made those in our house, though i don't remember calling them ghetto pops.
nope. they were popsicles
In our house, Dad would make ice cubes from the turkey and chicken broths he would cook on weekends. Mmmmm.... meatsicles.
we never called them ghetto pops either, I just didn't know how else to describe them and ghetto pops seemed appropriate.
Post a Comment