Friday, April 13, 2007

Oh, Pegs' aching back

Sorry for the lack of posts yesterday and today. Pegs has been out of commission for a couple of days with a bad back (probably a result of the long drives we took this weekend), and it's been an effort for her just to get out of bed. As for me, I worked from home yesterday and spent my time between taking care of Pegs, conference calls, revising documents, downloading movies and racking up stats on PlayStation (not necessarily in that order). I'd like to say that I spent the entire time by Pegs' side, but she was asleep for a good part of the day and when she was conscious she mostly refused my offers of assistance.

When Pegs is under the weather like this, I'm always struck at the difference between the two of us when we're not feeling well. Pegs usually makes a valiant effort not to make a fuss and hates being a burden. I usually whimper and moan like a little bitch so I can milk it for all it's worth. It's not that I have a low tolerance for pain; I just have a low threshold at which I begin to express that pain. If that doesn't sound very manly to you, let me remind you that I finished first in the Paris Iron Man competition last year. Only replace "first" with "fifth" and "Iron Man" with "pie-eating".

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Feel better soon, Pegs!