Monday, May 21, 2007

Happy (Belated) Birthday!

A little birdie reminded me that Ariel "better half of Dariel" Davis had a birthday yesterday, and even though we're twenty-four hours late in putting up the post, all of us here in Alexanderpool-land want to wish her a very happy (albeit belated) birthday. We feel terrible about not having put up the post sooner, but to be fair, this is all Derek's fault. I'm not really sure how, and I still can't figure out why, but I'm absolutely certain that in some way, shape or form he is to blame for this. He's also at least partially responsible for the Chernobyl meltdown, the Bay of Pigs fiasco and Crystal Pepsi. That's right, people; Crystal Pepsi. But I digress.

Ariel and Derek have been hard at work lately getting ready for the big dance in July, so we hope that she managed to enjoy her birthday without having to sit through fourteen different caterer recipes for chicken and fish. We also hope that she got that really expensive and incredibly thoughtful gift we asked Derek to pick up for us well in advance. If he hasn't given it to you yet, Ariel, he probably either broke it or sold it to pay for his literature habit. Trust me, though, that it was an extremely touching gift and that had you received it, you would have been moved to tears by our largesse. It was THAT awesome. Don't worry about it, though; there will be plenty of time later for you to thank us in person.

On a side note, I just wanted to apologize to Ariel for putting this picture up with the post. It's not a very fair depiction of how she really looks (her motor skills are slightly more advanced than they may appear in this photo), but every time I see her squint like a drunken pirate and stick out her tongue at Derek it makes me chuckle. And when I chuckle my belly bounces around like a bowl full of Jello. And everyone loves Jello.

9 comments:

Panagiota said...

Happy birthday Ariel!

Anonymous said...

I sincerely apologize for Chernobyl and the Bay of Pigs. However, I stand by Crystal Pepsi. It's like Sprite, but crap!

On a different note, thanks for putting up the post for my lovely fiancee's birthday. We got a good laugh out of it.

And of course, because it's a post for your birthday, ao, I should include one more, big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I hope you've been practicing your moonwalk, Lee and Pegs, because the big dance is ON!!

Rachel said...

Wait! Wait -- I thought when we talked last week you agreed to Thriller! I've been practiciing my Thriller dance...

Happy Birthday, Ariel!!!!

Anonymous said...

Exactly, that's why "it's ON!" At the very least, even if we don't actually choreograph a dance, we will request that Thriller appear in our wedding for Lee, Pegs, and Rachel. In fact, maybe that will be the song we use for our entrance... hmmm....

BAH DAAAAAAAH! BAH BAH BAH!!

I could see that.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday and belated congrats on the engagement.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday ariel! hope you had a great day...if not, make derek do chores for you because, as lee said, it's probably his fault. happy happy happy happy (belated) birthdayyyyyyy

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!!!! I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I also love that picture.