Happy Birthday Lee-Lee!
1. Lee always wears an undershirt under his dress shirts. The reason is two-fold. First, he sweats easily and wearing an undershirt helps keep his dress shirt clean. Second, the dress shirt directly on his chest rubs his nipples raw.
2. Lee does not like it when other people open his mail. Even his sweet little wife. Lee has his mom so scared to open his mail that conversations like this with MamaPool would not be surprising: "Hey Pegs. I got a letter for Lee and I didn't know if it was okay to open it. It's from Publisher's Clearing House. The envelope says 'Open immediately! You could already have won a Million Dollars'....."
3. While living in NYC, Lee once invited two girls to the same event. One was his girlfriend and the other was a girl he was interested in. He invited the second girl when his girlfriend told him that she had a wedding out of town that weekend. You can imagine Lee's surprise when his girlfriend showed up at the event that night on her way home from the wedding. Turns out that the "out of town" wedding was in New Jersey. Oh, and the girls were friends.
4. Lee's favorite fast food restaurant is Taco Bell, which he affectionately calls Toxic Smell. Lee was so distraught that he didn't have the opportunity to have any Taco Bell while in the US for Thanksgiving, that he salivates in anticipation when talking about going to the US at the end of June. He orders the exact same thing every time: two Bean Burritos and a Chicken Baja Gordita. With each burrito, he uses an entire packet of hot sauce with every single bite.
5. When he was a child, Lee, mad at MamaPool for dragging him away from the McDonald's play area before he was ready to go, hid in the bushes in front of their house and threw firecrackers at her when she walked by.
6. Also when he was a child, mad at MamaPool for making him leave his friend Hillary's house before he was ready to go, Lee jumped out of the moving car on the way home to get back at her.
7. Lee's biggest fear when MamaPool first explained to him where babies come from? That he would have to be completely naked while doing the deed. Sadly, he hasn't quite grown out of this fear yet.
8. He is the kindest, sweetest, funniest, handsomest, most generous first husband I will ever have.
Happy birthday beba!
12 comments:
Oops! There should be a comments option now. Derek and Damien, I moved your comments here.
I dont see how to put a comment on Lee's bday blog!
So i'll post one here: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE!!!!! I tried to talk to you via gmail but you might have already left work by 7pm...tsk tsk tsk. it's only your birthday for crying out loud! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT ONE, BRUDDAH
Hey guys, there's no comment box for the post on Lee's birthday - so I'm using this post to write my comment.
In the spirit of Pegs' "Something You May Not Know About Lee" list, I thought I would add a few of my own.
1. One summer when Lee and I were kids and visiting the Monmartre region of Paris with our family, we got inspired by the many pseudo-bohemians in the area playing their guitars for change. So after lunch, when mom and dad weren't looking, we snuck off to the steps of the Sacre Coeur and started singing Beatles and Simon and Garfunkel songs for money. If memory serves we correctly, we earned one centime from an old lady and one jacket button that a group of people threw at us - and our parents freaking out about where the hell we were.
2. Based on our enormous success in the Paris music scene, the following school year (it was one of the few years that we went to the same school) Lee and I sang a duet of Simon and Garfunkel's "59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy)" for the school talent show, complete with failed attempts at harmony and snapping fingers. Was it cheesy? Oh hell yes. Was I super excited to get to perform a song with my big brother who I thought was just about the greatest guy ever? You betcha.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE-LEE!!!!!
Thanks for moving our comments, Pegs! You're the best sister-in-law ever!!
Yea! the comment page is up. I will not repeat myself (since I left a happy birthday message to Lee on the "break dancing" blog since I didnt see this page before, but here is my new message:
The amazing thing about this "things you may not know about lee" is that, unlike the ones that Lee writes (with the exception to Mike Harris' bday post), these are all true. my brother is an evil, little freak, and I wouldnt want him any other way.
Happy Birthday, Lee!!!!
I have to let everyone know that after the incident described in #3, Lee was forbidden from ever meeting any of my single friends. Luckily, he soon starting dating Pegs so there was no need to worry about a repeat performance.
Cheers to you, Lee!
Oh yeah, and Lee - there's a Taco Bell about 1/2 mile away from the house where we'll be staying in Pacifica before the wedding this summer. You can literally walk down a hill and get all the nasty bean burritos you could ever want.
Sorry Pegs.
Happy Birthday, nouno! Can't wait to see you.
Yeah, but then he would have to walk back up the hill. All that methane can start another wildfire. Think Derek. Think.
Happy Birthday, Lee! As I flew over Paris today on my way to Barcelona, I mooned you and Pegs. Consider it a birthday present.
Happy Belated Lee! I was thinking of you on Friday. Yay for another Taurus!
Happy belated birthday, Lee! You and I are hitting the local Taco Bell hard when you get here. See you soon.
Post a Comment