Sunday, July 22, 2007

US Summer Vacation Part III

Following our beach trip to LBI, we headed back to Philly for a few days of R&R before going to New York for a visit with Eric and Kathryn. We hadn't seen E&K in quite a while, so Eric and I lost no time in heading to the nearest Irish pub for four or five pre-dinner drinks while the ladies went for a relaxing massage treatment. After Eric thoroughly kicked my ass in backgammon, it was time to move on to dinner at an excellent Thai restaurant that made all Asian food in Paris taste like ramen in comparison. Then it was back to E&K's spacious new apartment, where Eric continued to pummel me mercilessly in backgammon until I passed out from the shame and the inhuman amount of whiskey in my system. The next morning we attended Ann Hinrichs' first birthday party, which was a great chance for us to catch up with Bill and Carrie, as well as meet Brian and Amanda's newest addition (and Eric's godson), Charles. From there we hit a museum exhibition, had an early dinner at Houston's, and then caught "Ratatouille" before heading back to Queens. As with the rest of our trip, our hosts treated us like royalty, which made us feel that our departure came far too soon. Our only consolation, other than knowing that we would soon be joining the Vanderfam, was in flying out to San Francisco first class. Thanks, American Airlines frequent flyer miles!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanjks for coming to visit! We had a great time with you in NYC. I'll get in touch later in the week; I'll be in Paris starting Sunday for a week.

Anonymous said...

How was Ratatouille? M and I have been wanting to see it, but we saw Harry Potter instead. Is Ratatouille worth going to see?

Panagiota said...

It was alright I guess. I didn't really like it that much. I expected more from the guy that did The Incredibles because I love The Incredibles. I think Lee liked it though. Not sure about E&K, but I think they liked it.