Friday, July 13, 2007

We're 95% sure

Pegs and I went to the OB/GYN yesterday for a scheduled check-up. Pegs is at 20 weeks now, which is about the time when the doctor is able to determine the sex of the baby without much trouble. When we fired up the old ultrasound, however, The Hybrid was a little bashful about flashing his or her naughty bits. Given my lengthy rap sheet for indecent exposure, I can only assume that The Hybrid gets this sense of decorum from Pegs. To complicate matters, the umbilical cord was tucked firmly between The Hybrid's legs, blocking our view to the good stuff. Despite all of these impediments, our doctor said that she's 95% sure that we're going to have ... drum roll please ... wait for it ... a girl!

I'd like to believe the doctor, but after studying the ultrasound pictures I'm still not ruling out the possibility that we're going to be proud parents to a giant gummi bear. Even though our doctor is pretty certain that The Hybrid is really a hybridette, she said that we probably won't know for sure until we go in for the BIG ultrasound in a couple of weeks. That machine is so powerful that apparently Pegs doesn't even need to be in the same room for it to work. We'll keep you informed.

Author's note: For all of you who keep asking for recent pictures of Pegs, I'm afraid I don't have any at work. I know, I'm a terrible husband, but I make up for it in back rubs and on-demand topless dancing. The picture above right is a pretty accurate depiction of what she and The Hybrid look like right about now, although given that I drew it in crayon I couldn't really capture the full glory that is Pegs' small intestine.

5 comments:

Panagiota said...

I'll believe it when I see the goods. I still think it's a boy.

Panagiota said...

considering that the baby just kicked me when I typed that, maybe it is a girl.....

Anonymous said...

Whatever sex the Hybrid is, it certainly will welcome warmly into this world. We all are so excited for you both.

Anonymous said...

i'm sure you'll get this consoling response from the greeks:
"oh, that's okay. as long as its a healthy baby, that's all that matters."

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!