Thursday, August 02, 2007

Time-waster of the day

Well, it's that time of the year again, when work slows down a little for Lee and he becomes obsessed with a project or two. In the past, Lee has become all-consumed by PlayStation, Civilization, house-hunting, restaurant owning and Eric, just to name a few. These projects generally involve Lee staying up until 5 in the morning, sleeping until 1pm the next day and me getting so annoyed I refuse to speak to him for days. Which brings me to today's time-waster. I like to think of it as a website for people like Lee who need a project, but who use their creative energy to make something interesting. Thankfully, come December I'll be popping out Lee's next little project, which, hopefully, will keep him fully occupied for at least the next 10-15 years.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Lee has become all-consumed by PlayStation, Civilization, house-hunting, restaurant owning and Eric, just to name a few."

Is there something I should know about?

Lee said...

No, nothing. Just try not to run so fast next time you go jogging. It's not good for the surveillance. I meant HEART. Your HEART.

Anonymous said...

It was the context of the reference that bothered me. And, I don't think that you can refer to a bender as a 'project'. Although, maybe I should start doing so. I can complete successful 'projects'. Nice.

Panagiota said...

It was just a joke, oh-sensitivo-one.

Anonymous said...

just out of curiosity...isnt that picture a photo of a man named "lee vanderpool" when you google in lee's name? i remember doing that before and this guy's photo seems familiar, and I hope and pray that it's because of that.

Panagiota said...

Damien Vanderpool come on down! You win a batch of my famous "home-made" chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven next time you come to visit.

Lee said...

Excellent job, Damien. This is indeed one of my alarmingly large army of doppelgangers: Lee Vanderpool, editor (Southeast US Region) of the North American Bonsai Federation. Check out the link below to read more about the other Lee and his passion for small trees and editing small newsletters filled with small articles about said small trees.

http://www.bonsai-wbff.org/nabf/newsletter2/editorialstaff.htm

Anonymous said...

Damien, I am impressed. I have to admit that I was a bit confused as to why that photo was posted. It all makes (a little more) sense now.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! homemade chocolate chip cookies, here i come!