Monday, October 15, 2007

Heated language

My secretary is a charming older English lady who enjoys tea and bridge. She's nearing retirement age, if not already past it, but she's worked with one of the partners here for twenty years and isn't planning on letting go anytime soon. She sits right outside my office in a space that houses two other secretarial desks, one of which has been vacant for a while but recently received a new occupant. This morning she came in for a brief chat, and I commented that she looked a bit flushed. This is how she responded:

"Well, I'll tell you, I think it has something to do with the new person sitting with us. She wants to turn the heat up all the time, and she's even brought in her own space heater. I must say, if she's so cold all the time, perhaps she should simply go out and have a glass of wine. Or possibly a good fuck."

I love Mondays.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yowzah!

Anonymous said...

Awesome.

Rachel said...

And I was just thinking about how FREEZING it is in my office today. Ouch! I guess that's the downside to being single these days!

Anonymous said...

we choose rugby over love or we choose love over rugby?

Anonymous said...

I thought it was "Over We Rugby Choose Love" or "Love Choose Rugby We Over." Of course, Niki's versions make more sense...