Sunday, November 11, 2007

Now Available: The Hybrid!

We know we said that we couldn't wait to meet her, but we didn't expect The Hybrid to take us so seriously and show up more than two weeks ahead of schedule. Sofia "Surprise!" Vanderpool entered the world at 4:39 p.m. Paris time on Saturday, 10 November, officially replacing Damien as the Littlest Pool. Notwithstanding her early arrival, The Hybrid is a certifiable whopper at exactly eight pounds and about 19.75 inches, with a chest circumference and a broad set of shoulders that elicited a "Hot damn" from our obstetrician. Although we've only spent one wonderful (albeit virtually sleepless) night with the newest member of the Alexanderpool clan, we aren't ashamed to admit that we've already fallen madly in love with her. More pics and video will follow, but here's a sneak preview at the cuteness waiting for me back at the hospital (speaking of which, there won't be any posts for a while, so hang tight until we get back home later in the week).

13 comments:

Michael said...

Lee and Pegs - Congratulation on the arrival of Sofia “Surprise / The Littlest Pool Jr.” Vanderpool. You make beautiful babies.

Sofia – Welcome to the world. It’s a fun if not always easy place. You’re luck to have Lee and Pegs to show you the rope.

Statement of fact - Jill, Nina, Milo and I look forward to meeting Sofia.

Random thought – If/When you have a son (no pressure) I think they’ll have what it takes to shoulder the name Robert Lee Vanderpool V.

Anonymous said...

Congrats all!!! Baby, mama, and dada look great.

Quick question: Lee, who took the pic of you in the scrubs?

And, I agree with Mike. Addionally, the nickname should be "Cinq"

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee and Pegs are parents!!! And Sofia is absolutely adorable. I've already said it on the phone, but I'll say it again - Congratulations!! I can't tell you how excited I am for you two.

Love ya!!

P.S. I have now surpassed my exclamation point quota for this year and the next.

Anonymous said...

She's absolutely beautiful. Congratulations to you both. Pegs, I hope you're feeling well after your c-section and that they are giving you plenty of percocet to make sure of it. Lee, looks like you finally got a pair of scrubs....those look like good ones, you should steal them. Don't worry, you'll probably feel like you payed for them when you get the hospital bill.

Love you guys!! Congratulations again and give lots of hugs and kisses to Sofia for me.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sofia,

I am so happy that you arrived a bit earlier than expected!...We will have great fun together. I can't wait meeting you. You are so cute and your parents look so happy.

Big kisses (I don't know the word for "lechouilles" which would be more adapted)

Louise

PS : please do never forget I am the oldest...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the parents...Sofia is really cute and I'm looking forwad to seeing her...It's so nice the family is expanding!

Lots of kisses to the Vanderpool-Alexandropoulos baby and her parents!

Anonymous said...

Guys - Congrats! Sofia (love the name and spelling) is absolutely gorgeous. She does not even look like a new-born. We were anxiously waiting all weekend for the news, so thank god Sofia came when she did because Nikoleta was driving me crazy. How do I know if Pegs had the baby yet? I dont know why she hasn't called yet. No, you shouldn't leave another message. Oye vay.

Anonymous said...

Na sas zisi. Beautiful baby and a beautiful greek name. And mommy looks so pretty too. Mom said that Sofia looks like you when you were born.
Lots of hugs and kisses to all.

Rachel said...

Congratulations Alexanderpools! Sofia -- a warm welcome to the world from chilly New Zealand!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! I'M AN UNCLE! she is absolutely beautiful. I'm so jealous that I wont see her until March. Hope she's not going to be too much trouble for you guys. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

My dear Sofia,

Welcome to this wonderful world where you will be showered with love and happiness. You have two intelligent, loving parents who will guide through the joyous and difficult passages of life. You have four doting grandparents who will spoil you beyond belief so that you will create unattainable expectation of your parents. You will have uncles and aunts who will hang on your every word and deed. You will have the world at your beck and call.

You are one lucky little girl and we are so lucky to have you in this world.

All my love,

The new Bon Papa

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her and see you in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

fabulous!